If you haven’t thought about optimizing your website with voice search capabilities, here are three statistical facts that might change your mind.
- By the end of 2022, shopping done by voice services is estimated to jump to $40 billion in revenue.
- 60% of smartphone users have used voice search tools at least one time in the last 12 months.
- 55% of teenaged patrons admit to using their voice search applications on a daily basis.
That last one is probably the most important statistic out of all of them. The future client base that you will be catering to, are already using their voice search applications daily. They are the $40 billion of the future.
TIPS ON OPTIMIZING YOUR SITE FOR VOICE SEARCH
It is important to optimize the things you have already posted on your site to be voice search-friendly. Your content in 2020 and going forward is important too. It may be better for you to focus more of your time on how to go forward with voice search optimization instead of trying to fix the past posts on your site.
1. Do research- Voice searches look for a whole different kind of keyword. The keywords most used with voice searches are called long-tailed SEO. Take a minute to do a search on Google and see what it populates. Pay attention to the box at the bottom that tells you other things that people searched for. Optimize your search keywords from that.
2. Structure and development- When you begin looking at the strategy you want to take going forward with your content, you need to consider the process of voice searches. You want to make the site easily navigated from the aspect of voice usage.
3. Fine-tune your metadata- Just like a typed search query, metadata in a voice search is just as important. By making your metadata more relevant to the voice search fields it gives Google a little more insight as to what your page is about. This isn’t going to affect what people see, but it will help with the view from Google’s standpoint.
4. If your site is mobile-friendly, it is also voice friendly- Recently the biggest push for businesses online is to make a mobile-friendly site. With this comes for the need to have a voice friendly aspect to it. If you already have a site that has been optimized for the mobile community, all you need to do is build off of the already voice friendly capabilities it possesses.
5. Keep your mind open to change- Technology is changing every day. Having a mind that is open to these changes is important. The surge of voice searches has only begun. The more popular they become, then the more popular the virtual voice assistants are going to become. As a business owner, you need to be able to roll with this and adapt to the changes that these may impose on you.
YOUR BRAND BENEFITS FROM OPTIMIZATION
Technology is moving forward and your brand content in 2020 can move forward with it or be left in the dust. Voice search is the newest fad in a generation that is driven by their mobile phones, and the best way to get seen is to be ahead of your competition.
Your benefit for incorporating a voice-driven optimization is increased website traffic which will help you connect with your users better. Using voice enhances the way your customers engage with you on your site with reviews and fan following. Allowing voice optimization may even increase your sales and revenue.
Everyone is busy. You are busy. If you could do something with your voice that made it able for you to multi-task, wouldn’t you do it? That is what people are looking for and your brand can offer them this.
It is estimated that 2020 is the year that half of all searches will be done with voice.
VOICE SEARCH IS THE FUTURE
Voice searches are not something that are going to lose their popularity any time soon. In fact, this trend is only beginning. There is an increased popularity in Google Home, Amazon’s Alexa and Echo, Microsoft’s Cortana, and Apple’s Siri. This is only going to increase as more people begin implementing them in their life as a staple requirement.
The days of only using Siri as a means of entertainment are over. We are beginning to mature as a society, which means that businesses need to mature along with us.
The best way to stand out in the future of voice searches is to become innovative. Mold it into something that is beneficial and be the first to make bold moves.