VR Above All: Here Are The Future Content Trends That Will Define 2019
Virtual reality (VR) is part of our present and will grow in popularity even more in the future. If you want to draw and engage a larger audience this year and to convert your audience into paying customers, you need to embrace it.
As I was pointing out in a recent post, in 2019, content should focus on user experience. Nothing beats VR when it comes to delivering great user experience. Thus, in your efforts to keep up with future content trends, you should consider embracing VR technology.
What’s so special about this technology? According to its definition, it is interactive software (and user experience and interaction should be your main goals) able to place the user in a three-dimensional environment that is not really there.
Imagine visiting the Louvre without actually going to France, skydiving without leaving the ground, and, why not, sharing amazing adventures with celebrities you will never meet! That’s virtual reality.
Why Should You Include VR in Your Content Strategy?
According to estimates, internet traffic associated with VR and AR will grow 12-fold by 2022. Most of this traffic will be associated with VR content downloads. Consumers are actually expected to spend over $8 billion on AR content and apps, and over 2.8 billion on VR content and apps in 2021.
Moreover, according to DAN:
- 81% of those who try VR consider it captivating and worth telling their friends about it
- 73% of Gen Z members expressed their interest in VR
- 66% of consumers want VR shopping experiences
- 53% of adults would buy from a brand offering VR functionality
- The number of virtual reality users at the end of 2018 was estimated at 171 million.
If people are willing to spend money on VR content, imagine how impressed they would be if you offered it for free. Just imagine what it would be like to have:
- 80% of your audience thrilled with your content and ready to share it with their friends and social media contacts
- 53% of your target audience ready to choose you over your main competitor because you offer something they don’t, in this case, VR content
The above stats should be more than enough to convince you that it is time you took VR seriously and found ways to embed it in your content strategy. The burning question now is how to do that while keeping up with trends. Let’s review some of the content marketing trends you should follow in 2019 and see how you can fit VR in.
5 Future Content Trends and How VR Can Help You Keep up with Them
If you want to grow and engage your audience, you need to bring something new and different to the table, to set yourself apart from your main competitors. I’m willing to bet most of your competitors haven’t embedded VR in their content strategy, so take the lead!
2. Deeper, Closer Connection with Your Audience
VR is often referred to as immersive technology. It can help you place your audience in your shoes and show them your business and products from your own perspective. It can be a way to reach out to your audience through visuals, sound, written content, and product placement, all at the same time. If that’s not connecting, I don’t know what is.
3. Long-Form Content
I’ve had my doubts regarding the future of long-term content, but not anymore. Your audience appreciates long-form content because it shows commitment, knowledge, and provides value. With traditional content, whether written, audio, or video, length could become problematic.
Imagine reading a 3,000 words post or watching a one-hour video to learn something you’re interested in from a mobile device. After all, mobile devices account for 51.6% of the overall web traffic according to the latest report on the State of the Internet in Q4 of 2018.
Now imagine having the same information presented to you in VR. If the amount of information is important to your audience, using VR to deliver it and keep up with future content trends is a must. With traditional content, you risk losing audience, but VR can help you leave everyone wanting more!
5. Webinars and Influencer Marketing
Everyone loves them, and many sources have made them part of future content trends but few manage to do them right. You can’t fail when you use VR technology. If influencer marketing worked for you in the past, imagine the impact of placing your influencers in a VR environment your audience can experience first-hand.
Now you have a better understanding of where VR fits in your content marketing strategy. All that you have left to figure out is how to create VR content. According to Hubspot, it is easy to get started if you have access to a 360-degree camera.
You can use it to create immersive video content. Not sure what type of VR content to create? Here are a few ideas that serve immediate needs and will help you keep up with future content trends:
- Hands-on demonstrations – Let your audience experience the creation of your products and services rather than describing it through text and photos. Such demonstration could successfully replace manufacturing process presentations, instruction guides, and how-to tutorials.
- Show results – Why spend a fortune on commercials when you can use VR to give your customers a taste of what using your products and services would be like? It’s easy and more convincing when you use the latest technology to create immersive experiences.
- Facility tours – Do you occasionally invite customers or business partners to visit your facilities in order to show transparency and boost their confidence in your business? You could extend the invitation to anyone interested without worrying about disruptions and unforeseen incidents if you record a tour of the facility with a 360-degrees camera.
- Educational content – VR makes it possible for a person to learn more from 10 minutes of an immersive experience than they would in a semester of classes. No matter what it is that you’re trying to teach your audience, your success chances increase considerably if you use VR.
- Product and service presentations – Imagine how easier to convert your audience would be if they got a closer look at your products in an environment of your choice, while your best sales representative or even an influencer highlights its strengths.
As you can see, embedding VR in your efforts to keep up with future content trends is an excellent strategy to take over your competitors and expand, engage, and convert your audience. It may be a little challenging in the beginning, but if you take your time and work with the right people, you can do it.
We’re always here if you need help with your content, so feel free to contact us or leave a comment!
Trust Iris Content with Your Brand
When it comes time to pick a content provider, a bargain isn't always the best way to go. Content is more than filler; it's what draws visitors to your site, but inspired content keeps them there. It keeps them coming back. Content is a relationship. It's your brand. We get it. Furthermore, we can deliver it. Contact us today for a quote.