Is Your Content Intelligent-Search Ready?
Lately, intelligent search has replaced organic search engines. In the past, it was an optional feature on search engines, but as technology and user preferences changed, so has the search engine feature. The intelligent search keeps track of the user’s search history and behavior and adapts to it using information collected from the user’s personalized homepage and toolbar. For instance, if you support a local group called the Triton Forest Soccer League, and searched for the group’s activities frequently and use bookmarks, your search will reflect your activity related to the group firs. So in other words, anytime you search the term forest, you will first get listings for activities related to the soccer league first, and anything related to actual forests and trees will appear farther down on the list.
Now that everyone is on the go, mobile phones have replaced desktop internet searches and you need to be able to adapt to keep up with the changing times. You need to be able to determine the best way to record and track your progress in intelligent search. It can be difficult to manage all the hands-on aspects of your business and market it at the same time. Technology is constantly changing and unless you are a marketing mastermind, you will probably have to work with marketing specialists to get the job done.
How to Improve Your Rank in Intelligent Search
As you build your business, you must be able to keep up with and follow the changing trends in terms of how you connect with your customers. The new generation of internet users depend on intelligent search to gather information and your business has to adapt to the changing times to survive. Here are a few tips to help you get your business ranked in intelligent search.
- Create Location-Specific Knowledge for Map Applications – The use of map-based searches has grown tremendously now that people choose to search for very specific products through map applications. People are mobile-savvy and use their phones to collect information, they don’t want to have to log onto a desktop computer. You need to include geo-rich information like your hours, delivery and service area, and specific pictures of your business location.
- Create and Respond to Customer Reviews – Great reviews can help you earn a higher ranking in searches as many customers tend to favor businesses with high ratings and good customer feedback. By responding to your customer reviews you will be proactively working to maintain good working relationships with your consumers.
- Set Your Data to Respond to Voice – Many internet searches are done via voice searches on smartphones, and devices like Amazon Echo. You need to make sure your business can respond to a voice command search.
- Make Sure Your Product Inventory is Linked to Your Digital Identity – You need to make sure that you are able to connect customers looking for specific products to your inventory. When people are looking for electronics, they want their intelligent search to direct them to the location that has exactly what they need, right on the shelf when they do the search. Make sure your digital presence accurately reflects your on-hand inventory at all times.
- Incorporate Your Digital Know-How Across Departments – You need to get out of the silo mentality to keep up with the constantly changing world. You have to be able to learn how:
- organic searches work and how they fit into research about your customer base
- paid search engine data impacts conversion
- feedback and intentions aid you across a variety of locations
It is not easy to operate a business online. As technology advances, it will continue to be difficult to keep abreast of the changes you need to be aware of to maintain top ranking. There are people available to help you get your business ranked and keep you on top while you focus on the actual business. Do not let your business suffer, reach out, and ask for the help you need to market your company.
Contact Iris Content for All Your Intelligent Search Needs
Let’s face it, not everyone is internet savvy, and no matter how specific the instructions you receive, you may not be able to put together a plan that will get your business the ranking you desire. Iris Content is here to help you with all of your intelligent search needs. We can help you market your business in ways that will put you on top of the rankings for your field. The writers on our staff will work with you to help you improve your rankings and achieve your desired results. Call us today so we can discuss how we can help put you on top of the business game.
Chief Content Officer
Annie has 20 years of experience as an editor and content creator and manager. With work in television and written media, she has dedicated her past 10 years to learning the ropes of online content creation, from writing to editing, from SEO to content management.
If you need a professional to handle all your content during the hectic festive season, Iris Content is launching a few holiday packages that you can take advantage of. Reach out to us and we will help your business shine this holiday season!
Want new articles before they get published?