Podcasting This Year? A Guide to Turning Your Knowledge into Gold for Content Creation in 2018
Content marketing began as a simple concept; one simply wrote blogs and articles related to specific products and/or services and promoted them; however, content creation in 2018 has come full circle. Businesses today have tried to keep up with content trends and have used different tools to promote content in 2018.
Podcasts and Content Marketing
One of these content trends is the use of podcasts. Keep in mind that podcasting has been used by many professions for quite some time now but its use in content marketing is relatively new. Podcasting is fast catching. Approximately 40% people in the US listen to at least one podcast on a regular basis. This trend has been observed in both genders. In addition, podcast listeners often buy products which the host recommends thus highlighting its effectiveness for content creation in 2018.
More and more marketers now use podcasting techniques for their regular monthly or weekly campaigns. However, it is important to understand that podcasting is not a one-shot magic bullet. It requires proper organizing, planning, and execution. Here is some content advice for creating effective podcasts:
- Learn: For those interested in podcasting for 2018 content marketing, the first thing to do is to hire an agency that can produce a podcast. The primary reason why you should use a professional for this activity is that you don’t want to make any mistakes. As far as podcasting goes, your first impression is the most important.
- Prepare: Despite the fact that technology is readily available for podcasting, you still need to prepare yourself. Try to get an idea about podcasting and how it works. You can do so by initially being a podcast This will help you learn the ropes before you launch your own podcast. Once you get familiar with the mechanics of podcasting, rest will be easy.
- Checklist: Before you ever go live, make a checklist of all the questions that the audience could possibly ask about your topic. The way you will be well prepared and not miss out on important things. The checklist should also involve the technical aspects as well such as volume, your voice, tone, and audio, how people sign in, how you keep track of people signing in and how to conduct a live interview.
- Format: Set up your basic show format. There is no right or wrong way to set up a podcast. The important thing is that you feel comfortable with the entire idea, flow, and Some podcasters ask questions from the listeners, others only provide a running commentary, and yet others wait until the end to answer questions. However, for effective content creation in 2018, it might be a good idea to interview an expert who answers relevant questions.This way you can provide your audience with a more credible source and you also don’t have to answer every question that your audience may ask.
- Length: Remember, a podcast should not go on forever. Most people keep it for 45-60 minutes. This seems like an appropriate length because anything longer than this could bore your listeners and force them to sign off.
- Engaging the listeners: One of the most critical elements of a podcast is that it should have content that is both engaging and interesting for the audience. An effective way to do so is by picking up trending topics, invite guests and experts and keep the flow of information smooth and relevant. Your audience wants to learn something and they want to derive information from your podcast. You need to make sure you are able to provide the information. Therefore, your best content advice in 2018 is to keep your podcast topics interesting, fun and informative.
- Monetize your podcast: Podcasts can be monetized. If you have a product or service, you may want to ask a specific company to sponsor your podcast. Another way is to make an eBook of your podcast and sell it online or you can offer a live workshop at a reasonable price. Once your podcasts become popular, you will be able to get more sponsors for your show.
Analyze The Podcast
After the podcast, you need to use analytics to track who downloaded the podcast. From these numbers, you will know what you need to change in future. You need to get an idea about people who regularly listen to your podcast and you need to know what they want to listen. In order to develop effective content in 2018 and to increase the number of listeners, you need to keep making small improvements. Listen to your own podcasts and determine what you are doing right or wrong. Just like blogs, you need to generate exciting and fresh content which can keep your audience engaged.
The next thing you need to ask yourself is: how many podcasts do you need to do? This mainly depends on your schedule. Some people do them weekly and some do them monthly. Podcasting does involve a lot of work so plan accordingly. To promote your content in 2018, you also need to promote your podcasts. You can send out emails to your friends and colleagues, set up a Facebook page, actively promote your podcasts on Twitter, let people know in advance about the date and time of your podcast and so on.
Podcasting is a fun way to promote content in 2018. At Iris Content, we understand that podcasting can involve a lot of work. Our content writers can help you develop the right content for your podcasting activities. They have significant experience writing content for different types of businesses and can be a valuable asset for any initiatives you intend to take for content creation in 2018. Contact us today and we will be happy to assist you with all your content needs.
Chief Content Officer
Annie has 20 years of experience as an editor and content creator and manager. With work in television and written media, she has dedicated her past 10 years to learning the ropes of online content creation, from writing to editing, from SEO to content management.
Want new articles before they get published?