Early Previsions for 2018: What Will Content Marketing Look Like Next Year?
Marketing is an extremely dynamic and challenging field. There are numerous large organizations, medium and small-sized enterprises and self-employed, home-based businesses that engage in marketing and promotional activities that would help them promote their products and services and attract customers.
Keeping the number of potential marketers in mind, it is evident that businesses have to create a differential advantage through their marketing activities. Innovation and creativity are two very important components of marketing, without which most marketing strategies are likely to fail.
Marketing mediums, tools, promotional strategies and consumer needs and wants change constantly. In order to penetrate any market segment and to grab market share, businesses need to find new and exciting ways to attract their target market.
As we move into the last quarter of 2017, here are some early previsions for marketing in the year to come:
- Increase in the Use of Native Advertising: Native advertising is a form of marketing where content marketers use “in-feed” paid content to promote their products and services. This paid content could include Twitter tweets, Facebook posts and content recommendations on popular online platforms. It is projected that spending on native advertising will increase to $21 billion by 2018.
- Continued Focus on Content Marketing – Most businesses have now come to realize the critical role good and high-quality content can do for their online ranking, website traffic, lead generation and customer conversion. Content marketing will continue to be used as a strategic marketing technique and successful businesses will continue to make efforts to create and distribute relevant information to their target audience. Content marketing will remain an ongoing process and will continue to be an integral component of any successful marketing strategy.
- Increase in Influencer Marketing: Influencers have always played an important role in marketing. Influencer marketing is a good strategy to create some buzz for your brand and to give it a brand identity. Creating word-of-mouth buzz through personalities that have a significant influence on consumer perceptions and decisions will also be an important element of marketing in 2018.
- Live Streaming and Visual Marketing: While there is no doubt that content is extremely important in marketing, today’s consumer is drawn to videos and images. The biggest advantage of using videos is that they enable marketers to immediately connect with their audience. Videos are also more effective at conveying emotion and provide more depth to your marketing message. With such rapid improvement in technology, businesses can now live stream videos and connect with their target market in real time. Statistics show that more than 1 billion people use YouTube regularly. Live streaming on YouTube is thus an excellent way to market your products and services. Facebook Live is another similar platform and enables you to live stream your marketing message on the world’s biggest social media network.
- Personalized Marketing: This will be a game-changer in 2018. Consumers are so sick and tired of being bombarded with promotional messages and advertisements, they have begun to block anything that does not attract them instantly. By using personalized marketing, businesses can target their customers on an individual level. This will not only allow them to filter out irrelevant messages but will also help them capture their customer’s attention and engage them with content and information that is customized according to their needs, interests, and profile. Businesses who can successfully track their customer’s habits, interests and browsing histories can go a long way in excelling at personalized marketing.
At Iris Content, we have a team of content writers that have years of experience writing customized, relevant and original marketing-oriented content for clients in various industries and segments. We believe that by using the right medium and the right words, businesses can retain existing customers and capture new ones. Content marketing in 2018 will be an integral component of any marketing strategy. For businesses that want to achieve content marketing success, they will have to focus on creating and distributing content that can help communicate their core marketing message and attract and retain the attention of their target audience.
If you need copywriting help, contact our content writers today. We promise that we will provide you content that will be aligned with your marketing goals for 2018.
Chief Content Officer
Annie has 20 years of experience as an editor and content creator and manager. With work in television and written media, she has dedicated her past 10 years to learning the ropes of online content creation, from writing to editing, from SEO to content management.
Contact Annie for more news about the content marketing world.
Want new articles before they get published?