Five Easy Ways to Outsmart and Smash Your Niche Competition with Content
When it comes to marketing your products and services, everyone is looking for a way to make themselves stand out from the rest of the crowd. Depending on the type of business you operate, you may start out with a bang and things will flourish and everything will be peaches and cream. But there are times when no matter how good your product and the services you offer, you still cannot seem to get your business off the ground. If there are other businesses similar to yours on the market, content competition will be the name of the game as you battle to make a name for yourself and your brand in the industry.
It Takes More Than Being Good to Succeed
No matter what type of business you have, there will always be another business out there offering the same services. Perhaps they have been in business longer than your company, or maybe they got their start long after your company opened. Either way, it will be “survival of the fittest” when it comes which one of you will get to the top and stay there. Whether you want to or not, you need to learn how your competitor operates so you can utilize content competition to capitalize on the industry and build your customer base, even if it means capturing some of their customers.
Here are a few suggestions on how to outsmart your competition with amazing content:
- Make yourself stand out from the competition. As we discussed earlier, you need to find a way to set yourself apart from your competitor. Simply learning their methods and mimicking them is not enough. Try targeting a specific demographic group that you both offer services to and cater to them specifically in order to build your business and use content competition to your benefit.
- Whatever your competitor offers, offer more goods and services. After you learn how your competitor operates and what services they offer, you will be in a good position to beat them at their own game. You need to do thorough research and stay on top of current news relating to your products and offer intensive guides for your services. Use multimedia to your advantage and include it in your posts and you should not only offer a better quality product or service, you should also offer more when it comes to quantity. Content competition is a game and you have to be better at the game than your competitor. Trust us; your customers will see the difference between each company after a period of time.
- Expand your reach. The beauty of content marketing is that it joins easily with so many different tactics and techniques. Beef up your social media presence by using email campaigns like newsletters and offering discounts for signing up (like grocery and department stores); you will be surprised at how much of a difference it will make in your content competition battle. Customers really appreciate a personalized touch.
- Find your niche. If you take the time to do market and keyword research for your product or service, you will be able to learn the niches specific to your industry and use them to your advantage. This method will help you learn how your competitor ranks and the types of things they are missing out on. You can use what the competitor is missing out on to develop your own niche and build it up to dominate the content competition market.
- Learn who your competitors are so you know what you are up against. We cannot stress enough about how you need to do some serious research into your specific industry and your competitors prior to starting any type of marketing campaign. Do Google and social media searches to see how your competitor operates. Watch for their specific marketing tactics and techniques and learn their strengths and weaknesses. You should never attempt to match the type of marketing campaign your competitor uses for their business; instead, you need to learn from them so you can capitalize on the weak areas in their marketing campaign so you can excel in the content competition game.
Contact Iris Content for All Your Content Marketing Needs
If you have done your research and still are not quite sure how to proceed with your content marketing campaign, contact Iris Content for additional assistance. Let us help you reach the top of the content competition game by using a variety of techniques to help you find a niche for your company and build your brand. Our skilled writers can help you craft compelling and creative content to attract the customer base you need to get your business off the ground. Contact us today so we can discuss how we can help you reach all your content marketing help needs.
Chief Content Officer
Annie has 20 years of experience as an editor and content creator and manager. With work in television and written media, she has dedicated her past 10 years to learning the ropes of online content creation, from writing to editing, from SEO to content management.
Contact Annie for more news about the content marketing world.
Want new articles before they get published?