Boring Industry? How to Spice Up Your Content Offerings to Increase Your ROI
By now, you are probably aware of the fact that content marketing is a formidable ally that most companies rely on to boost website traffic, establish a stronger, more meaningful connection with their audiences, and turn more prospects into devoted buyers and brand evangelists. So what’s stopping you from following in their footsteps to achieve business success?
Your Industry and Products Are Definitely Not Boring. Are You?
If you’re still thinking that content marketing isn’t a feasible option for you simply because your products are too mundane to spark interesting conversations and garner the attention and interest of your prospective clients, as your trusted content creation experts we feel compelled to debunk this myth. In reality, there is no such thing as unexciting products and boring industries; there are just inexperienced, non-creative writers who could be making your goods and niche seem this way.
5 Content Creation Tips to Follow to Boost Your Revenues in Any So-Called Boring Industry
If you’ve reached the conclusion that your writers are the ones who should take the blame for your ineffective content marketing tactics, you should know that not all is lost. You can still make thousands of new visitors land on your website, outrank your main competitors in search engine results, and increase your profit margins by simply upgrading your content creation strategy. If this option appeals to you, here are five expert tips provided by our content creation experts that will help you craft more inspiring, goal-oriented content even for the dullest products that need a full set of fancy bells and whistles to gain a competitive advantage on an overcrowded market.
- Humanize Your Brand Through Quality, Personalized, Reader-Focused Content. Sometimes, products are labeled as commonplace simply because they aren’t backed by inspired marketing tactics. To address this problem, work a little bit on your content. Create new pieces that highlight the unique features and benefits of your products from a reader’s perspective. Let your audience know how the goods that you’re selling could improve their lives. By infusing humorous notes through your content, you could make a somewhat dull topic seem more interesting in the eyes of your prospects. As the content creation experts from Hubspot suggest, a more natural, colloquial style that doesn’t impact the meaning and substance of your content could encourage your readers to stay on your page for a longer while, and even respond to your calls-to-action.
- Rely on Complex Content Elements to Convey a More Powerful Message. Content pieces based solely on large chunks of text are so 2010. Aside from being somewhat monotonous and difficult to read and assimilate, blog posts and articles matching this description couldn’t possibly compete with more complex materials based on a plethora of advanced content elements, such as infographics, charts, slides, podcasts and videos. If you’re looking for a clever method to boost the appeal of your boring writing, start by investing in the most sharable forms of content that could make your story go viral and prompt more people to google you and your products.
- Boost Your Popularity and Profit with Video Content. You just have to spend a few minutes on Facebook and Youtube, or play a little bit with Periscope and Snapchat to realize that your brand may very well become obsolete in the absence of a solid, creative video marketing strategies tailored to the specifics of the hottest video platforms, and the needs, behavior and expectations of your segment of public. Video marketing is effective, entertaining, personable and constantly evolving, so why not give it a try to turn your common products into bestsellers without depleting your budget?
- Keep It Short, Sweet and Simple. Some products and industries seem boring because bad writers choose to create overly complicated stories around them. You can avoid this pitfall by focusing on short-form, concise content pieces that are a perfect choice for the fast-paced online marketplaces. Replacing standard, run-of-the-mill text-based testimonials with short video interviews telling the story behind a flawless customer experience is a great way to create a stronger, more personal connection with your audience; you could follow a similar approach by sharing daily tutorials and short, concise, reader-friendly how-to articles that help your prospects and existing clients solve pressing daily problems.
- Put Your Readers in the Center of Your Content Creation Plan. As a business owner, your goal is to craft content that sells faster and better than ever. While staying focused on your objectives is an essential condition for entrepreneurial success, you should always take the time to figure out what your audiences actually want to hear from you. By making your brand’s story less about you, and more about them, you could make any product or service seem more useful, interesting and desirable. Therefore, do your homework to find out:
- who your readers are
- what they stand for
- what kind of problems/concerns/needs drive them to look for products similar to the ones you’re selling
- how you could differentiate yourself from your rivals, by addressing a customer need or demand that is currently neglected by your competitors
“By making your brand’s story less about you, and more about them, you could make any product or service seem more useful, interesting and desirable.”
Better Stories Ensure an Effective Image Makeover for Any Product in Any Industry
Taking your products from yawn-inspiring to awe-inspiring is doable, even when you’re operating on a so-called boring industry. All you have to do is find and expand on high-interest topics, opt for more complex, sharable types of content, and explore new methods to fuel your connection with your audience through a new strategy revolving around clear, constant and consistent writing. By filling a need that no one else is focusing on, you and your products will always be needed and praised by the large community that you’ve successfully built around your brand through quality content creation services.
Content Happiness Advisor
Annie has 18 years’ experience as an editor and content creator and manager. With work in television and written media, she has dedicated her past 10 years to learning the ropes of online content creation, from writing to editing, from SEO to content management.
Want new articles before they get published?